This morning I had a very interesting conversation with Abigail that really helped me see how blessed we truly are.
Drew had just left for work and she was talking about how Daddies go to work.
So I asked, "Well, what about Mommy? Do you think Mommy should get a job and go to work?"
She just looked at me like I was the dumbest person on the planet and said, "No, Mom! You don't go to work, you stay here."
I then asked, "Well, what do I do here?"
To which she replied, "Mom, you play with us here!"
She just made me laugh, and thinking back to it it makes me laugh...and cry- we really are so blessed that I am able to stay home and play. We are blessed to survive in this world with a single income, and we are blessed that Abbie's sweet perspective just wouldn't see it any other way. Sometimes the simple way really is the best way. And it is a blessing.
I am often tempted to work. Part-time, Full-time, From home; you name it, I've petitioned the Lord for it, and it was nice to be reaffirmed through my three year old that now isn't my season to work, but to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment