Today was a little bit crazy and almost all of our plans got changed, but I am so grateful and blessed that we are home safe. A big snow came in today- only a little bit in the morning, but then it just kept snowing and snowing and caught everyone it seems by surprise. The girls and I were about our normal Tuesday activities- grocery shopping, library class, etc. and were on our way home when the roads got pretty tricky.
We were doing well downtown and on the highway, but once we were on the side roads it was pretty slippery. I even helped push a car that was stuck, and when we got to the big hill right before our house and saw an abandoned car blocking more than half the road and a delivery truck on one shoulder, I felt prompted that I should stop and wait before heading down the hill and by the car in the middle of the road. I'm so glad I stopped. Several other people were there- also trying to get home, and I felt prompted that if I could just get my chains on then I would be fine and get home safe. I feel very blessed to have received that prompting, to have the chains in the back of the van, and for two nice men to put them on for me. I made it down the hill, around the car and back up and to our house, and that was a big blessing.
When we pulled into the driveway I told the girls that we should say a quick prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for helping us get home safe. Abbie quickly volunteered to say it, and I was a little apprehensive, because I wasn't sure if she'd know not to be blessing food and to make sure and say thanks, but her prayer was so sweet. She thanked Heavenly Father for our day and that we made it home safely and for the "two strong boys who helped us up the hill." What a blessing she and her sweet prayer are to me!
I feel extra blessed that we were wise enough to put the rest of our plans for the day on hold. I was supposed to meet a contractor in Olympia and give him the prints for a project, we were planning on going to the pet store to stock up on puppy supplies, and we were hoping to have a fun evening out and about together. I am grateful that we just decided to put those things off and have a safe and sound evening in together.
No comments:
Post a Comment