Sunday, March 22, 2009

Abbie's First Talk

Today Abigail gave her first talk in Primary. She was so excited to give it, and to sit up front- when they announced the prayer and scripture I heard her say, "I just want to give my talk!" She did a great job and knew the content of her topic of family responsibilities- and especially how she and Lauren are in charge of the strawberries : ). She did cut her talk off in the middle by suddenly saying, "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." but it was still such a blessing to be a part of this special moment. One sweet thing was that before she could even start her talk she had to open her scripture case, take out her Book Of Mormon, and open it up. It was so cute! We'd never practiced with her scriptures, and she wasn't citing any scriptures in her talk- she had just seen people do that when they give talks and decided she needed to too.
I am very blessed for her sweet spirit and for the opportunity to help and be with her during this first talk. I am blessed for a sweet husband who taught my lesson so I could be watching her and help her when I needed to. I am blessed for a sweet Sabbath morning.

No comments: