Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Onto Jacob!

Our family scripture reading has been going well. We read The Book of Mormon every night together after the girls brush their teeth and before we say our prayers and I feel so blessed that we have made it to Jacob! We seemed to be in the Isaiah quoted scriptures in Second Nephi for sooo long and I am so glad that we have endured and our coming up to some scriptures that will keep the girls attention better.

Our family scripture reading has been a blessing for us. It's great to know that the girls are listening- Abbie can recount much of what we read and we made up this clapping game to listen for mentions of Christ, but it is still hard. Hard for them to sit still, hard for us not to get frustrated, hard to feel the Spirit when girls are pulling hair and trying to wrestle. I know that we are blessed for following this commandment and I believe that one of those blessing will be (eventually) that they will learn how to listen and sit reverently while we read. But for now, we're still plugging along and have made it to Jacob.

No comments: