Today I witnessed Abbie being selfless and generous and it was a great moment and a blessing to watch. We were visiting teaching and just chatting with some of the girls that we visit outside and one was telling us about her financial struggles and how money that was tight was getting even tighter. I'm not sure if Abbie heard that or what inspired her exactly, but she ran to the car and came back with her quarter that she had earned pulling weeds at Grandma's. She showed the quarter to the sister and then gave it to her and told her that she could have it. And then she just ran off to play some more.
Here I was asking her what we could do to help and how their efforts were going in different areas when Abbie decided to actually take action and give the only money she had to someone she barely knows. What a sweet example and what a sweet blessing she is to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment