Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Crash and Burn

Today was a bit of a hard day, but I'm going to share a blessing I received in the middle of a frustrating experience. I'm going to skip most of the frustrating details and just retell the basics- today I had a crash on my bike in the middle of the road a few miles from home. Amid my frustration, tears, and bruised ego I received several blessings: the first was that I wasn't hurt too bad; if the timing had been different and cars passing this could have been much much worse and I am grateful that it wasn't. I am also blessed that in the middle of a moment where I just wanted to scream and then curl up and cry I found the calm reminder to take a deep breath and say a prayer to help me. I am thirdly blessed that that prayer was answered, and almost immediately after I said it, and to know my Father in Heaven loves me and will answer my prayers, even when I am a mess and frustrated. Lastly, I am blessed for a wonderful husband who came to my rescue and only tried to help and not blame me or make me feel worse. That is a big blessing and I am grateful to have him and my Savior to pick me up when I fall.

No comments: