Today I feel blessed to have a scripture come to my mind when I needed it most. I have really been struggling with my mental toughness in regards to exercise. I know from training for my marathon years ago that mental strength is just as important as physical strength, but I really seem to be having a hard time staying positive while I'm running. Today I took the girls in the jogger on a run and went farther than I have so far this year. When I was starting to really get tired and want to stop I was reminded of an Ensign article I had read yesterday about the Word of Wisdom and how if we follow that commandment we are promised that we can run and not be weary and walk and not faint. I just kept saying that over and over in my mind, and somehow between the hills and those heavy girls in the jogger I made it home without stopping. That is a blessing to me and I am grateful that I took the time to read that yesterday and that it came to my mind today.
Perfect-Day moment
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment