Yesterday the parenting book that I've had on hold and been waiting for for weeks arrived and so we went to the library and I read the entire thing last night. What a blessing the guidance in this book has brought to me already- after only one day. I feel foolish for not having read it sooner, but oh, so blessed that I took to effort to check it out and apply its principles now. The main difference for me? Changing my reaction and attitude with the girls' misbehavior from frustration to empathy. I'm only starting to apply some of the ideas, and they did have a few rough moments today, but we were all so much happier by the end of the day! I am blessed for these sweet girls and I, today, feel especially blessed to have a new parenting outlook and know that I don't have to be frustrated with them : ).
Perfect-Day moment
14 years ago
1 comment:
Wonderful! I'm so glad you're doing it, I felt such a connection with the principles that the book teaches. The best part is (eventually) seeing them hold themselves accountable and growing and learning from their own mistakes. eventually. lol it takes time! love ya!!
Post a Comment