Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Sandy Beach

Today I felt like I should get up and go do something fun with my girls. It's not going to be too long before they're in school or I'm working or who knows what and we won't have the freedom of being together all day everyday to do as we please. So, we decided to get Grandma too and spend the day at the beach.

There was only one problem, though. I have never driven at the beach before, and lacking common sense and forgetting I'm not the little car in front of me I headed right for where the other cars were parked- through the deep sand. Yikes. I did, as it turns out, exactly what you're not supposed to do once in it and slowed down and then.... sank. After a few embarrassing tries of trying to get out I put the car in park and suggested that we say a prayer.

My sweet Abigail offered to say the prayer and it was so simple and so pure. She prayed in part, "Oh, dear Jesus, please, please bless us that we can get out of this sand.." Her prayers of innocent faith just melt my heart and within five minutes our prayers were answered and we were out of the sand.

What a blessing! We said a prayer of gratitude for the help that we needed and I once again explained to the girls how our Father in Heaven can answer all our prayers if we have faith in Him and how He had just answered ours. I am blessed for the prayer of a four year old, for that prayer being answered, and for not letting this could-be-frustrating experience ruin a delightful day.

As embarrassing as it might be, I hope they always remember going to the beach, and how our prayer was answered when Mommy got stuck in the sand.

No comments: