Tonight my grandpa and family came over for dinner at our house and I realized how greatly blessed I am to have my grandpa (my girls' great-grandpa) still with us in our lives. One year ago my grandpa was told that he had less than a month to live and wouldn't even be able to see the birth of little Lauren. Now, Lauren is ten months old and loves her great-grandpa dearly. It brings me so much joy to see how much joy she brings to his life. He lights up whenever he gets to see her 'big blue eyes' and I think it washes away his pain and sufferings that wear on him day by day.
When she was sitting on his lap tonight I was just struck by what a blessing and miracle it is for him to be here. I want to lock away those precious moments of him cuddling her as I'm sure he will as well. Life is an uncertain thing, and while I sometimes feel that my grandpa will just live forever, I know he probably doesn't have much time left here on earth and I'm just so grateful for each moment that we have together and for every smile and giggle that Lauren and Abigail share with him.
When she was sitting on his lap tonight I was just struck by what a blessing and miracle it is for him to be here. I want to lock away those precious moments of him cuddling her as I'm sure he will as well. Life is an uncertain thing, and while I sometimes feel that my grandpa will just live forever, I know he probably doesn't have much time left here on earth and I'm just so grateful for each moment that we have together and for every smile and giggle that Lauren and Abigail share with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment