Today I am humbled. (Why does it seem that I am in need of being humbled so often?) My day started out a little crazy and I had a bad attitude about a certain situation and negative thoughts kept entering my mind about a friend. Sometimes I think we like to feed those thoughts and get caught up in how right we are and how wrong everyone else is and how miserable we are until we are only more miserable and taking that misery out on everyone else. Yuck! I remember my best friend telling me that if you have to be bitter, be bitter for five minutes and then get over it. Why do our natural tendencies just not want to get over it and let it go? Probably because the "natural man is an enemy to God," and bitterness is not next to godliness.
Anyways, this morning I was feeling kind of grouchy, and wasn't looking forward to my one scheduled event of the day- visit teaching. And then I did it. I humbled myself, met my partner, said a prayer for the sisters who we visit, and my bad attitude simply melted away. By the end of the visits I was so concerned for the well being of the women I visit that I had forgotten all about petty little me. I realized how stupid my bad attitude had been, how wrong my negative judgments and thoughts were, and how much happiness can be found by forgetting myself and serving the Lord through others.
The girls and I had a really fun time and I am grateful for the Lord's kindness (and patience) in blessing me with this opportunity for service and for always forgiving my weaknesses.
Anyways, this morning I was feeling kind of grouchy, and wasn't looking forward to my one scheduled event of the day- visit teaching. And then I did it. I humbled myself, met my partner, said a prayer for the sisters who we visit, and my bad attitude simply melted away. By the end of the visits I was so concerned for the well being of the women I visit that I had forgotten all about petty little me. I realized how stupid my bad attitude had been, how wrong my negative judgments and thoughts were, and how much happiness can be found by forgetting myself and serving the Lord through others.
The girls and I had a really fun time and I am grateful for the Lord's kindness (and patience) in blessing me with this opportunity for service and for always forgiving my weaknesses.
No comments:
Post a Comment