Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Balance in my Life

There are so many things I am specifically grateful for today that it's hard to narrow it down, but I think I'll focus on the blessing of my children and the gratitude I have for a balance in my life. Today Abigail spent the day at grandma's house and had so much fun. She couldn't wait to go this morning and it was a nice break for me and Lauren to spend some time together one on one and then for me to have some alone time while Lauren was napping.

The thing that suprised me though, was how much I missed my little rascals during naptime. I love naptime, which equals 'me-time' and the chance for me to catch my breath in a busy day. Even if I'm doing boring things like paying bills or showering because I didn't get to earlier, it's a nice break and brings balance to my life. During Lauren's long nap today, though, things started to feel out of balance and I finally had to go wake her up so I'd have someone to play with because I was getting bored all by myself : ).

I am so grateful for my sweet girls, and for the reminder that they are so sweet and such an important part of my daily routine- what would I do without them? I am grateful for their naptimes as well- as long as they're not too long- because I really believe that I'm a better mom when I have time to recharge my batteries and keep a balance in my life. I am grateful for my mom to be so fun and want to have Abbie over to play and give me an extra break. Mostly I am grateful for the Lord's kindness in blessing my life every day with these sweet girls.

No comments: