Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Loving Little Family

I feel so blessed today to have such a loving little family to take care of me when I'm feeling sick. All of a sudden today I felt really disoriented and had to stay home from church just as we were about to leave because I didn't think I could drive (let alone walk) safely. Drew, despite his many responsibilities at church, came home to my rescue. That in and of itself was such a blessing to me; but it was also so sweet while I was waiting for him and laying down on the couch, Abbie gave the sweetest words of encouragement:

Abbie: "Mommy, you sick?"
Mommy: "Yes, I'm sick, Honey."
Abbie: "It's okay Mommy. You go take a nap in bed and say your prayers. I'll sing you a song." Upon which she folded her arms and sang me her rendition of a 'Get Better Mommy' song.

I am so blessed for those sweet words and that sweet girl. And her sweet Daddy who came home and put me right to bed and let me nap for hours while he played with the girls. And for sweet Lauren, because she is just so sweet. And for the fact that I felt much better when I woke up. I love my little family.

No comments: