Today the girls and I went on a trip to the zoo with some friends. The ride in the car was actually quite pleasant and it was great to get to know my friend, Elizabeth more. As we talked about different things I spoke of how one of the main things I've learned in this life is how people are so different.
I know this may seem so simple, but people are different. We have different histories, different talents, different ambitions, different priorities. I often have to remind myself of this as I get frustrated that someone chooses differently than I would etc., but today I realized how grateful I am for our differences. And despite all of our trivial differences, one thing always remains the same: the love of Savior has for each of us. Isn't it interesting that we are all so different, but He loves us individually the same. I think sometimes I find myself equating differences with being better or worse, as strengths or weaknesses, but really it's just simply different, and differences in and of themselves are not bad.
I feel the Lord's kindness in my life today as these thoughts came to my mind. I am grateful that people are different. Life would be rather dull if everyone was the same as me, and I hope to be more open-minded and aware of others' difference, and not view them as weaknesses, but as what makes them unique.
I know this may seem so simple, but people are different. We have different histories, different talents, different ambitions, different priorities. I often have to remind myself of this as I get frustrated that someone chooses differently than I would etc., but today I realized how grateful I am for our differences. And despite all of our trivial differences, one thing always remains the same: the love of Savior has for each of us. Isn't it interesting that we are all so different, but He loves us individually the same. I think sometimes I find myself equating differences with being better or worse, as strengths or weaknesses, but really it's just simply different, and differences in and of themselves are not bad.
I feel the Lord's kindness in my life today as these thoughts came to my mind. I am grateful that people are different. Life would be rather dull if everyone was the same as me, and I hope to be more open-minded and aware of others' difference, and not view them as weaknesses, but as what makes them unique.
No comments:
Post a Comment