Today I feel very humbled. It is amazing how quickly I seem to get wrapped up in my own little world and seem to forget that there is a greater work at hand and more important things in life than backyard design, fence options, and other eternally meaningless things. Today I was reminded of how fragile life really is and how everything we have can be taken away in an instant, and what is actually important and valuable in life. I'm grateful that these thoughts came to my mind without a huge traumatic event, just a middle-of-the-night reminder with a call of need.
One of my friends is having a difficult pregnancy, and it got much more complicated this morning as her water broke three months early. As they needed to get to the hospital, I was called to come and stay with their other children who were sound asleep. The whole drive there I felt so foolish for how worked up I get over the little things in life. My selfishness quickly was replaced, though, by the love and concern I have for this family. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and for the reminder that life is fragile and how I really need to lose mine in service to find it and what happiness really can be.
One of my friends is having a difficult pregnancy, and it got much more complicated this morning as her water broke three months early. As they needed to get to the hospital, I was called to come and stay with their other children who were sound asleep. The whole drive there I felt so foolish for how worked up I get over the little things in life. My selfishness quickly was replaced, though, by the love and concern I have for this family. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and for the reminder that life is fragile and how I really need to lose mine in service to find it and what happiness really can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment