Today I attended the Relief Society Birthday party enrichment and it was so great- great food, great music, great speaker, great friends, great dessert! I am grateful for the opportunity to attend and for it being so well planned, but I am especially grateful today for the message that was discussed. A sister in our ward talked about 'It's a Wonderful Life.' Not the movie particularly (good thing, because I've never seen it), but about how we are here to have joy and how we can have joy in every season of our lives.
She went through the different phases of life- from childhood to the golden years and spoke about how to make the most out of each. For some reason this just really impressed me- we shouldn't always be focusing on how great the future will be or what happened in our past, but living each moment and enjoying the stage of life that we are in. Sometimes I find myself longing for the days when my girls will be at school and I'll finally have few minutes to myself or thinking about the 'good 'ol days' of college, but really I need to just be embracing each day right now. I am really grateful for the season of my life right now- life is crazy, it is hard, but it does bring me so much joy. I know once my girls are grown and off to school I'll probably long for their constant companionship that I enjoy right now.
The speaker also talked about how not all of our lives are joyful- we do have trials and tribulations mixed in of course. I was thinking about this, and the different struggles I've had- and how they really do help show an opposition in all things. It's only by knowing the bitter that we can fully appreciate the sweet, and as I look back I'm grateful for both. I feel blessed this today to hear some motivating words that really applied to me and hopefully will help me have a more wonderful life : ).
She went through the different phases of life- from childhood to the golden years and spoke about how to make the most out of each. For some reason this just really impressed me- we shouldn't always be focusing on how great the future will be or what happened in our past, but living each moment and enjoying the stage of life that we are in. Sometimes I find myself longing for the days when my girls will be at school and I'll finally have few minutes to myself or thinking about the 'good 'ol days' of college, but really I need to just be embracing each day right now. I am really grateful for the season of my life right now- life is crazy, it is hard, but it does bring me so much joy. I know once my girls are grown and off to school I'll probably long for their constant companionship that I enjoy right now.
The speaker also talked about how not all of our lives are joyful- we do have trials and tribulations mixed in of course. I was thinking about this, and the different struggles I've had- and how they really do help show an opposition in all things. It's only by knowing the bitter that we can fully appreciate the sweet, and as I look back I'm grateful for both. I feel blessed this today to hear some motivating words that really applied to me and hopefully will help me have a more wonderful life : ).
No comments:
Post a Comment