Today I feel the kindness of the Lord through a reminder that sometimes less is more. I've been attending choir practice each Sunday after the block and it has been taking a toll on our family. I've been trying to find a solution to make it work better, but today I feel that my answer is just that this just isn't the time in my life to try and be involved in every little thing. Drew has meetings every Sunday hours before church starts and then I get the girls ready and bring them on my own, and then we juggle Lauren during the first two hours so each of us can fulfill our callings and then we have the final hour altogether as a family and by the end of it both girls are ready for naps and probably us too! With the schedule the way it is this year I'm just grateful to get the girls there on time, and I think trying to stay later with choir has just stressed out our day too much.
Today my solution attempt was to have Drew drive the already sleeping kiddos home in the van and have me drive his truck home after choir. But it was not to be. That truck and I just don't seem to agree, so after having it not go, knocking on several unsuspecting apartments for a phone, calling a rescuer, and finally getting home I think Heavenly Father is just trying to tell me to simply my Sundays so I can focus more on Him and less on logistics. I am grateful for this reminder. I will miss singing in the choir, but I think having a more sacred and simple sabbath will more than make up for it.
Today my solution attempt was to have Drew drive the already sleeping kiddos home in the van and have me drive his truck home after choir. But it was not to be. That truck and I just don't seem to agree, so after having it not go, knocking on several unsuspecting apartments for a phone, calling a rescuer, and finally getting home I think Heavenly Father is just trying to tell me to simply my Sundays so I can focus more on Him and less on logistics. I am grateful for this reminder. I will miss singing in the choir, but I think having a more sacred and simple sabbath will more than make up for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment