Monday, March 17, 2008

Grocery Store Patience

Today I feel blessed for just a little more patience and a teaching moment in the grocery store. Abbie and I did the shopping this morning while Lauren was at Grandmas, and it was a long trip at the end of many errands. I met an old friend as we were entering the store that I talked with for quite a while, so by the time we made it around to produce Abbie was losing patience with me and being strapped in the shopping cart. A minor meltdown insued, but I feel grateful that I was able to stay calm (amidst the stares) and help Abigail get her self-control and have her explain her needs so I could understand them. The more I think about all of the little ways that I make mistakes and am selfish and impatient, the more I realize how patient and loving Heavenly Father is with me, and the more I want to emulate that with the 'terrible twos' of Abbie.

No comments: