Friday, April 25, 2008

Drew's Work

Today was such a fun day. Drew spent the afternoon with us and visiting family to go to the zoo and Chuck E Cheese and the weather was so nice. In the midst of all of our fun, though, Drew's work was doing some laying off. For such a small, close-knit company, any job cuts are noticed and I know tensions at his work were high today for many. I know that life is uncertain and even the more stable things like work or home or life itself can all be taken away without notice, but I feel extra blessed today for Drew, who is such a hard worker, excellent provider, and great husband and father. We are blessed for his secure job, and for the education and skills that we both have that can be drawn on in a crisis. I kept thinking of all of the people who had to go home today without a job on Monday and how hard that would be, and I feel so blessed for the opportunity of work itself and for the faith we have that this is where we are meant to be at this time.

No comments: