Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Little Mommy

I often refer to Abigail as my 'little mommy' because she likes to be the mom to Lauren and her friends sometimes, as I think lots of older siblings do. But, today I realized what a little blessing that can be- and how in tune she is with her sister's needs. At breakfast, Lauren was rather fussy and did not want another bite of oatmeal from me after repeated attempts. So, I told her she could have some when she was ready and continued eating mine. Then, I heard Abbie's sweet little voice, "She wants milk, Mom" and saw her kindly hold Laurie Lou's milk bottle for her while Lauren drank. She was right! All that Lauren wanted was milk, and once she had a drink she ate her oatmeal no problem. I was amazed and humbled and very impressed with my 'little mommy' who was looking out for baby sister.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

What a great big sister! =)