Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Week Lost

I have missed over a week of recording my daily blessings. It is interesting how the human brain- or at least mine- works. I usually think of the blessing that I specifically want to focus on each day and can go a few days before getting them all written, but once I stretch it to a few days beyond that everything just gets kind of fuzzy, and I'm left lacking. I have had this happen in many aspects of life- and I think it serves to prove how procrastination and relying on memory alone are insufficient compared to actually doing what we need to do everyday.

It's the same for our physical bodies and our intellect and our spirituality. We need constant nourishment, constant learning, constant growth. If we subside for even a day that becomes two, or a week or a month and so on and so on, it becomes increasingly more difficult to regain position where we were once before and then harder still to improve from there. This seems to be reminded to me on every angle- with working out and reading my scriptures and eating healthy and working on my book, but still I seem to struggle with it.

To me, it's fascinating that Heavenly Father created us this way- He could have let our physical, mental, and spiritual capacities be constant and only need inconsistent maintenance and nourishment, but we are ever changing. Changing for the better or changing for the worse; life is not stagnant, and so, I guess, we must always be changing and choosing for ourselves- on a daily, sometimes moment by moment basis.

I guess today I just want to write a little something- because doing even the littlest of something is far better than going another day without anything at all- and because I feel blessed for the blessing of this past week and blessed still that I am reminded to work harder in all areas of my life on a daily basis. I hope that this week lost will serve to prevent me from losing any others, and will only make me more diligent in all areas of my life.

No comments: