Today was our long journey back home, and from the moment we stepped off the boat I just wanted to be back in my own house with my little girls. Today I am so grateful for my sister, Melissa. I'm not sure if she knows how much I love her and appreciate her. Your capacity to love just really expands when you have children, and when someone loves you and your children so much. I love how much she loves my girls; I know that she does, and I know that they love her for it.
If she hadn't been so excited and encouraging when we presented this idea to her months ago, we probably wouldn't have gone on this vacation, and it definitely wouldn't have been this great or worry-free. My girls are a handful, so I wanted to make sure that no one got too burnt out or exhausted from watching them, which is why I relied on the dynamic duo of my Mom and my sister, Melissa. This way, my mom could go through her normal routine at her home, with breaks to watch the girls and help out as needed, and the girls could stay at home, in their own surrounding comforts and be with Aunt Melissa who had Mom at her disposal when she needed her.
It was so calming to know that my girls were in good hands, and when I started missing them extra hard, I just remembered how much fun they were having with their Aunt Melissa and Grandma.
I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful sister, who I know will be such an awesome mom. I am so grateful for her and for her love for our family. She is such a blessing to us.
If she hadn't been so excited and encouraging when we presented this idea to her months ago, we probably wouldn't have gone on this vacation, and it definitely wouldn't have been this great or worry-free. My girls are a handful, so I wanted to make sure that no one got too burnt out or exhausted from watching them, which is why I relied on the dynamic duo of my Mom and my sister, Melissa. This way, my mom could go through her normal routine at her home, with breaks to watch the girls and help out as needed, and the girls could stay at home, in their own surrounding comforts and be with Aunt Melissa who had Mom at her disposal when she needed her.
It was so calming to know that my girls were in good hands, and when I started missing them extra hard, I just remembered how much fun they were having with their Aunt Melissa and Grandma.
I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful sister, who I know will be such an awesome mom. I am so grateful for her and for her love for our family. She is such a blessing to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment