Thursday, May 8, 2008

Vacation

Today was our last full day on the cruise, and I feel so blessed for this opportunity to relax and replenish myself, and especially to be with my eternal sweetheart. Drew and I are pretty good about having date nights and enjoying our evenings together once the girls are asleep, but there's something special about having so much time together. It reminds me on when we first met, and how we both just always wanted to spend every second together, and how the more time we spent together led to the more we got to really know each other, and the more we got to know each other the more we loved each other.

Now, five years later, there are so many other factors that demand our attention away from each other (mostly work and of course the kiddos) that even our time alone together doesn't always seem like enough time to really know the other and remember what it's like to be just with each other.

This whole trip has been such a blessing. I am so grateful that we decided to do it; it was a choice. One of our close friends told us that if we waited until we had plenty of time or plenty of money to go on a vacation then we could end up putting it off forever, and so we just decided to go for it, and I'm so glad that we did. I am now recommending vacations to everyone. One of the most interesting things that I discovered about myself and this trip was that I felt plenty rejuvinated and refreshed after only two days. That means that even a weekend away with Drew can really make a difference for me, and can help us grow closer to each other, and to replenish us to be better moms and dads, sisters and brothers, coworkers and friends, etc when we return.

I am so blessed. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband whom I want to spend five days with (and eternity too), I am blessed to have two sweet girls who I've learned to really appreciate and miss even more now that I'm apart from them, I am blessed for a great family to watch them while we're away, and I am blessed for this opportunity to get a way so that I'll really want to be back and enjoy my day to day life that I love living.

No comments: