Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Daughters of God"

I have felt the Lord's hand in my life in several ways today, but I'd like to focus and acknowledge the blessing that comes from following a little prompting to do something a little different today. Usually while the girls nap I turn on my favorite sitcom on the computer for some background noise while I do my various activities, but today I thought I'd go ahead and watch some General Conference broadcasts instead. I was instantly drawn to Daughters of God by Elder Ballard, and was soon reminded of how much I love and need the counsel that he gives in his great talk. One of the challenges of this life is remembering what we are taught or experience and I just really think it would be great to listen to this everyday so that I will never forget how special this young motherhood time is for me. I guess that's why we are asked to read the scriptures everyday- so we can remember! I am grateful for this little blessing boost that I just can't hear enough of.

No comments: