Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Positive Sunglasses

Today I noticed an interesting thing; and I think it is a blessing in my life. While driving I couldn't help but notice just how gorgeous the sunset was. We've been having beautiful weather, big harvest moons, and breath-taking sunsets, and I found myself in awe of how beautiful this last week has been. Then, I took off my sunglasses to get a better look and the clouds just weren't as bright, the sun wasn't as radiant, and the whole effect was less moving. I returned the sunglasses and it was gorgeous again. I was pondering this and the thought came to me at how similar this scenario is to life.

Sometimes I find myself looking at situations or predicaments that I am in and they just seem average or dreary or unimportant or impossible, and it isn't until I put on my 'sunglasses' that I really can see the silver lining shining at me so clearly. Is this too nerdy? I don't know, but I found myself being comforted by the thought. And I think that sometimes I need to choose to see things differently- better- and then move forward from there. I guess it's kind of a optimistic self-awareness that I can think of by just putting my metaphorical sunglasses on.

No comments: