Monday, September 1, 2008

A Supportive Race

Today was my triathlon, and I feel so blessed to have completed something that I've really been wanting to do and also to have it go so closely to how I wanted it to. Visualization is a great mental technique to prepare yourself for almost anything- and my race was right on with how I had envisioned it, (except for a few extra breaks on the run), but everything else- down to the fast, cold swim, the bike ride and having little Abbie and Lauren cheering for me, and seeing Drew when I rounded the final curve in the run. It really was so perfect, and I feel so blessed to be doing something-anything- and know that I will always have Drew and my girls (and my parents) right there cheering for me. I just wanted to finish the race and get back to them as fast as I could. I love my family and I am so blessed to have them support me in this and anything that I do.

No comments: