Friday, December 5, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

I love this time of year. I can hardly believe it's December already, so I've been trying to get in the Christmas mood so I can really enjoy it before it's gone. Tonight I had the perfect opportunity to do that and I finally feel like I'm caught up and ready to make the most out of this special season. Right after we put the girls down I went to the Living Room and made myself cozy on the couch to write out my Christmas cards. It really was just perfect- well, now that I think about it, a cup of hot cocoa and some snow falling outside might have sealed the deal, but it seemed just lovely and I felt that peaceful, cozy spirit of this time of year. There was Christmas music playing in the background, the tree was lit and glowing, my blanket was extra snuggly and I had time to reflect on the many wonderful people that I am blessed to know and love. I am grateful for this season to rejoice in the Savior's birth and I am grateful for the Christmas spirit.

No comments: